It’s been one heck of a weekend for Justin Bieber as the teen heartthrob performed in Australia. It seems like the Biebs is beloved everywhere, except for down under, because he was pelted with eggs during a performance on Friday!
While he performed on stage at the ACER Arena in Sydney over the weekend, an aerial egg assault put a damper on a Justin Bieber concert when half a dozen eggs appear to drop from above onto the stage during his performance.
It’s officially music festival season, and one of the oldest and most highly anticipated of the major fests, Lollapalooza, finally released its full lineup today! And you bet we have all the info you need on who will be there and how you can join in on the fun too!
To get people excited about its 20th birthday party (and to sell some advanced tickets) Lollapalooza has been teasing us by confirming a few of the acts that will be gracing the stages at Grant Park this summer.
Weird Al Yankovic has been releasing parodies for decades poking fun at the hottest stars of the time. You didn’t think Lady Gaga was safe from his humor, did you? I hope not, because Weird Al recently released a spoof of Lady Gaga’s smash hit anthem “Born This Way” called “Perform This Way”.
Weird Al’s version is pretty tame compared to some of his other songs, but unlike some of his other parodies that simply take the song and poke fun with the melody, “Perform This Way” takes aim at Lady Gaga and her bold fashion sense directly.
Back in February the folks down at the farm released the official principle lineup for this year’s Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival after months of speculation and anticipation. But one thing was missing: the comedy lineup! After another 2 months of waiting we finally know who will be making us laugh in the tent this year, as well as some recent additions to the musical lineup!
While Bonnaroo is known for its amazing lineup of music year after year, there is another aspect of the festival that many people forget about, and that is the equally as great list of comedians that come through!
Seems like everyone (and everything!) is on Twitter these days. Next to Facebook, it is the most popular social networking site. Where else can you find out what people are up to in 180 characters or less? People manage to come up with the craziest things to say on Twitter, and this is especially true of musicians!
I think it’s safe to say that one of the main reasons people join Twitter is to borderline stalk their favorite celebs. It provides direct access to the minds of these artists as they Tweet away revealing the most mundane and the most insane moments in their everyday lives.
With so many musicians on Twitter these days, it can be a daunting task trying to figure out which are the best to follow. To help you out, we have comprised a list of the top 15 musicians you should consider adding to your list (and if you’re lucky, some might even follow you back!). In no particular order, be sure to look up these interesting folks:
1. Janelle Monae (@JenelleMonae) – You may not recognize her name right away, but you will definitely recognize her voice and her hair! This interesting little chica collaborates with just about everyone for awards shows and has a sound that definitely deserves more attention than she gets.
2. Amy Winehouse (@amyjademermaid) – Amy Winehouse is downright crazy, and so are her Tweets. If she’s out of rehab, you can count on her for some entertaining commentary.
3. Weird Al Yankovic (@alyankovic) – Whether you consider him a comedian or a musician, the dude is funny. Check him out if you want to add a little lighthearted humor to your Twitterfeed.
4. LCD Soundsystem (@lcdsoundsystem) – They may have just played their last show the other night in NYC, but it’s worth it to follow these guys for info on what they are up to now!
5. Diddy (@iamdiddy) – This one is kind of a given. Few celebs take to Twitter as much as Diddy, and it is almost considered good Twittiquette to follow him.
6. Pete Wentz (@petewentz) – The former Fall Out Boy bassist has a bit of a Twitter addiction, but mostly uses his Twitter status to promote new bands and other interesting projects he is working on, which are usually worth it to check out (not to mention the cute pics of baby Bronx).
7. Slash (@slash) – C’mon… it’s Slash. Nuff said.
8. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) – Why are you even on Twitter if you aren’t following Justin Bieber? Didn’t he invent it? Geez.
9. Andrew WK (@AndrewWK) – The guy likes to party… with everyone. What’s not to like about that?
10. Hayley Williams (@yelyahwilliams) – The Paramore songstress does a great job of keeping it real, Tweeting with friends and keeping her fans aware of how boring the daily life of a rock star can be.
11. Snoop (@snoopdogg) – The D-O-Double G is an icon, as well as an avid Tweeter.
12. Miley Cyrus (@gypsyhearttour) – Miley has been off of Twitter for a while (a year and a half!), but has recently made a comeback in preparation for her tour. She hasn’t wasted any time in slamming other celebs though! Geez Miley!
13. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) – Mother Monster has long been in an internet war with Justin Bieber over who has the most followers, so why not help her out? Also, her often cryptic and mysterious Tweets are pretty interesting to read.
14. Rihanna (@rihanna) – Considering her recent Twitter war with Ciera, you never know what Rihanna will say!
15. Kanye West (@kanyewest) – Last but not least, the king of Tweets himself. Kayne has stirred up controversy after controversy with his rambling, sometimes incoherent Tweets. Be the first to see what he says next!
These are just a few of the interesting musical Tweeters out there who are worth a follow. Many celebrities make exclusive announcements on their Twitter profiles, so the only way to be the first to know (and to catch all the Twitter mayhem) is to follow them!
Who are your favorite musicians on Twitter? Let us know by leaving us some comment love below!
On Monday Conan O’Brien took to the web with a pretty startling claim: Rebecca Black ripped me off! Conan makes a pretty convincing claim that the newest (and most annoying) web star completely copied his hit song “Thursday”!
I’m a few days late in discovering Conan’s “Thursday” video, but with such little attention it seems like a lot of people are just now picking up on this catchy little ditty. And since it’s Thursday, I think it is kind of appropriate to share with you today!
It’s that time of year when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame chooses the artist and industry figures it thinks have made enough of an impression through the years to induct and bestow the prestigious honor upon, and this year was no exception.
Usually, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees are musicians, songwriters, performers, and influential figures that have contributed to the music industry over many years, decades in most cases!
Since coming out with ladylove Selena Gomez at the Academy Awards, there hasn’t been much time for romance for the little lovebirds. Not long after celebrating his birthday the other week, The Biebs hopped on a plane and headed off for his highly anticipated European leg of his My World Tour. But is the pressure of life on the road finally getting to him?
At a recent show in England, Justin Bieber took a break from performing his song “That Should Be Me” and appeared to shed a few tears before managing to squeak out the rest of the song with wet cheeks! Why so sad, little guy?
The entity now officially known as “Jelena” has been flooding the blogosphere for months now about rumors of their supposed relationship, and it was just over a week ago that they “came out”, so to speak, at the Oscars when they got cozy at an after party. And now the Biebs is speaking out about their relationship openly for the first time, but why now?
The two have been hiding their relationship (and very badly at that) for almost 4 months now letting picture after picture of the two canoodling hit the web. As is common for young celeb relationships, the two denied everything as fresh as a month ago!
Make way for a rock n’ roll baby! Kings of Leon guitarist Matthew Followill and his wife are expecting a new addition! For more information on their pregnancy and for some sweet video from KoL, keep on reading after the jump!
Thought they haven’t made an official announcement, the cat is out of the bag! Matt Followill, Kings of Leon guitarist, and his lovely wife Johanna Bennett are expecting their first child this spring!